Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Enjoying the good things in life, and still losing weight

So I am down another 1.8 lbs this week- grand total of 27.4 lbs since I started Weight Watchers. :D
Today my pants and shirt are loose- haven't really noticed the clothing difference except for the pants. Some things I learned this past week:


Pepperidge Farm Light Style soft wheat (says 45 calories per slice on the front) is an amazing alternative to the Weight Watchers wheat bread (I couldn't find it at my local grocery store, but found the Pepperidge farm one and it tastes just as good and is only 1 points plus a slice!)



It is always so hard to go out to eat and be healthy. My favorite soup in the world is Chili's Chicken enchilada soup. So when the hubs suggested we go get some lunch on Monday (my last day before my weigh in on Tuesday mornings) I knew I HAD to have the soup and salad combo. Now, chili's has great chips and salsa as well. Luckily I had a light breakfast, and hadn't touched my weekly points at all this week. So I kind of splurged and had an extra cup of soup at the end of the meal, because I think that soup is THAT good. So this is what I got at Chili's:
  • 1/4 of Chips and salsa (they said the entire basket and salsa is 27 points plus): 6.75 pp
  • 1 bowl of Chicken enchilada soup: 11pp
  • 1 salad with low fat ranch on the side (just for dipping), no tomatoes and I ate only 1/2 the croutons: I said it was only a 2 pp salad because I didn't use all the dressing and didn't eat all the croutons. It might of even been only a 1 pp salad, but better to over shoot.
  • then finished with 1 additional cup of chicken enchilada soup: 5pp
Total meal (with a large glass of water): 24.75 (25) points plus
(it could of been a LOT worse, but that soup was killer- if I had used some of my weekly points, I would of skipped the chips and the extra cup of soup, but I was good all week, so I couldn't pass it up)



So overall, a very large meal- very filling too, but I didn't have much for breakfast and had a very light dinner, so it all worked out. We didn't do any entertaining or go out really all week (except Chipotle- which at this point, we are such regulars, I get the same thing every time). Later I'll upload my own photos of the soup and chips, but for now, you get this filler photo above. hehe

So, I also plan on creating this awesomely cute idea I picked up from Pintrest (which in turn is actually from this site: http://hotmessprincess.com/2012/01/the-motivational-marbles-project/


When I make my own, I'll photograph it and add it up here too. :D

Gotta keep on trucking along. I'm less than 4 lbs away from my midway point. Can't wait till I hit those 30 lbs mark!
Happy weight loss!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment