Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sick but still down

Sorry I'm so late at my weekly update, but I currently am having a battle with an ear infection and strep throat. blah.



Well on Tuesday I was down another 1.2 lbs- so total down is 32.4 lbs (I'll update my little banner at the left later when I get on my "design" laptop...I'm just too lazy to get it out, lol).
So some of the things I was confronted with this past week beforehand was the difficulty of my birthday. Birthday cake, ice cream, and the beloved birthday dinner of italian.
Luckily, I banked all my points for my birthday, so I could have the most awesomeness of Italian food, from my fav. italian restaurant up in A-town.
Here is some pics from the big dinner.









Italian is my weakness, and I have been good at not having a whole lot of it- or going healthier with it. But for my bday, I just said- I want a big yummy meal (it was so much food, I actually had leftovers for later in the week).
My one co-worker, aware of my weight-loss mission, made these low-fat brownies for my birthday (she used egg whites instead of full eggs, and applesauce instead of oil). These were super moist and super yummy!



Being sick right now, I haven't been very hungry, so sticking to my points hasn't been hard. However today, all I really wanted was a milkshake. I hadn't had a milkshake since before October, before I started weight watchers. After seeing commercials on hulu for my beloved McD's shamrock shake, I begged the hubs to buy me one, as my doctor's note actually suggested cold beverages, including milkshakes! lol. I only got the medium/small 16 oz- which still is 12.5 points plus! Eek! But at least I had him get it without whipped cream or a cherry (I'm not sure if the point value is with whipped cream or not, though).




But overall, I'm keeping up with my weight loss. I managed to get a few clothes for my birthday from 2nd Avenue- a local thrift store type place, where I picked up 5 tops, 2 dress pants (now down to a size 14!), 1 pair of jeans, 2 pairs of shoes, and 1 dress- and 3 items for the hubs and a few items for a friend's bridal shower- all for $51 total. :D
if you have one of these by you, I totally suggest checking it out.


Ok, so that's basically the overall update. Hopefully there will be a pro to me being sick this week, because right now all I see is the crappiness of being sick and wasting many hours sleeping and sleeping and sleeping. *sigh*
Happy weight loss everyone!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment