Monday, April 21, 2014

Feeling the burn

So today I managed to extend my run past previous distances and was able to run/walk 3 miles (on the dot). That means I'm getting closer to the 5k mark. Once I reach that, I just have to run more and walk less of that trek, and then I'll be set to run a 5k fun run. haha

This was the lovely view from my path today...

My stats for today...
As far as diet wise- well- Friday and Saturday were a little tough, however I did a BOATLOAD of yardwork on Saturday (I felt the muscles burn all Saturday afternoon/evening, more on Sunday, and a little bit this morning), so I think I had enough exercise points to work with for the weekend. haha. 
You'd be surprised how strenuous de-weeding flower beds can be when they haven't been done all season!
My goal is to keep up with exercise at least 3 times a week and the weight watchers points plus on 6 out of 7 days a week (as much as I can)- I think I was pretty close on Saturday, but I know I went way over on Friday- but that just means I had to use some weekly points just for that day.

You should have seen how horribly weed-ridden
and grass-filled this flower bed was a few hours beforehand.

The running motivation is getting easier- especially on the days I work later (like a 3-11 or 2-10 shift), as I can sleep a decent amount, then run, then have enough time to shower and have lunch before work. The hardest motivation is the days I work earlier. For example, we shall see how motivated I am on Wednesday to run. lol
The hardest part of my current diet and exercise plan is getting my vegetables in- I've been struggling the past 2 weeks to get enough of them, since my hubs doesn't really eat veggies, so I have to find meals that include them for me to have it- as I'm all out of my mini Just-for-one vegetables. Hopefully I can get to the store soon to stock up on some veggies!
So far I've been pretty good at avoiding Easter candy- I just have been avoiding shopping all-together (the hubs has been grocery shopping and such recently). As much as it makes me sad to not have some jelly beans, I'm sure my waistline isn't complaining about the lack of sugary goodness.
I did get a lot done around the house over the weekend- lots of hard-labor and cleaning- so plenty of exercise, right?
Like finishing up the deck for friends to come hang out on Saturday.
That took plenty of work to make look pretty.

Anyways, *fingers crossed* for a good week of exercise and diet- I'm hoping I can keep it up to reach my goal soon. We shall see how I do. ;)
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment