Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 2 of exercise, Day 3 of tracking

So I've been trucking along with tracking this week and trying to stick to my weight watchers points plus for my height/weight/age. I also ACTUALLY woke up early enough today to go running/walking this morning before work. I don't think I have EVER done that. lol.
These guys were along my path both days this week of exercise. There was a lot of people on the treck on day 1, this time though (being a lot colder), it was just the ducks and I. 
It was Day 2, Week 1 of my Couch-to-5K program, so I trucked along and got my exercise in.

I used to weigh in on Wednesdays (and basically have made that day my weigh in days always- I have tracked my weight for the past few years with weigh ins only on Wednesdays). That being said, I weighed in today and I'm happy to report- I am down 2.4 lbs from last week! Woo!
day 2 of couch-to-5k
Now I didn't REALLY start my new regime till Monday, so all things considered- that's awesome!
This time I'm trying to not use my exercise points if I can help it, and extremely limit how many weekly points I consume on my 'bad days.'
Check out my stats from my exercise today along the canal towpath by my house (Thanks to my new MapMyRun app):
I know the stats are that great, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere.
I've been using these three apps during my excerise (took to the second day to figure out the best combo):


I download a few mixes from the RockMyRun, turn on my Map with MayMyRun, then switch over to the specific day in the training for 5kRunner. tada! I have my treck tracked, time and calories and milage tracked, tunes to get me pumped and a little voice trainer to tell me when to walk and run. ;)

My mini tracking journal

As far as food goes, I am back on the Weight Watchers points plus- since that I have found to be the most successful way to lose weight and both my hubs and I know the points breakdown by now.
I've been trying to ramp up my fruits too- since fruit is a great thing (plus granola/cereal) to have before a run. I've been having a banana and a cereal bar before my runs.

simple breakfast
For lunch I tend to have a lean cuisine, healthy choice or (one the other day) a cup of easy mac (but I made up for it with other healthy stuff), along with snacks to keep me going through the day at work, leading up to dinner.

lunch

another day's packed lunch
For dinner we base it around whatever points I have left. Tonight is chicken and rice, with an ice cream bar for dessert. Yesterday, we were on the road, so I got a Jr. Roast beef sandwich, a value fries and apple slices at Arby's.
looking up the points for Arby's
 Dinner these days is always based off of how well I do during the day. I know that's not suggested, but that's just what usually ends up happening.
So, cheers to another exercise day down and another good day of tracking done. *fingers crossed* I can actually keep it up and someday get to the point where I can run a 5k again. ;)
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment