Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I made dinner for once! Super simple cheesy beef enchiladas

Ok, I'm gonna start this post off with what I did yesterday- I made dinner for once. See, my hubs is the cook in our house, but he has been super sick all week- has a very bad case of Brochitis, so he begged me to either pick something up or make dinner. I was feeling ambicious after working a mid-day shift instead of a night shift, so I decided to make beef enchiladas. These were super easy to make!



Super Simple Cheesy Beef Enchiladas

What you need:
  • 2 cans enchilada sauce (calls for 2, but I only used one, since that is all I had)
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • shredded mexican blend cheese
  • tortilla shells
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Brown the ground beef in a skillet or electric fry pan. Drain the grease and the pour in about 3/4 or 1/2 (depending on what you like) of the enchilada sauce in with the beef and some shredded cheese (about a cup or so). Mix it together. Spray cooking spray (PAM) on inside of casserole dish. Scoop the enchilada insides into the tortilla shells and put the seam side down in the dish. Once you have all your enchiladas in the dish, pour the remaining enchilada sauce overtop and sprinkle some more cheese. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.


I served it will refried beans, spanish rice and corn. I am going to admit right now, I DID NOT look at the weight watchers points plus at all for this entire meal, as my hubs was so sick and I felt I'd be nice and not force him to eat a weight watchers meal. So forgive me healthy peeps, as this probably wasn't the best health-wise meal. If you use chicken or turkey meat and low-fat or skim milk cheese, would probably make the enchiladas healthier and different sides (more vegs).

Anyways, on to the rest of the week in food.

 Actually had a Starbucks Frappicino last Saturday- but healthier- got a Low-fat caramel tall frapp. with no whip and low-fat milk. Only 3 weight watchers points plus supposably! Had a side of fruit and I was super good that morning!

 Gave Special K's cracker chips a second chance, and boy am I glad I did. I personally don't like the sea salt chips, but these Sour Cream & Onion ones are awesome! I went back and bought the Southwestern Ranch and Chedder ones the next day, and those are great too!

 A simple lunch- Sp. K chips, banana, cheese stick, and turkey sandwich.

 Super happy that I can pull off skinny jeans for once. I never could do that when I was heavier, and now they are my favorite to wear with flats!

 Part of a typical dinner at work (when working night shift)- a Lean Cuisine and side of vegs.


Happy to find Angry Orchard hard cider at our local beer distributor. According to my calculations, supposably it is only 3 weight watchers points plus! Woo!


So when I weighed in this morning I was +0.6 lbs, however that might be totally different tomorrow morning, since the enchiladas we had last night, and you know how mexican food makes people bloated (not to sound gross or anything).
Anyways, happy weight loss and healthy-ness!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment