Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Gaining during a fabulous wedding weekend

Ok. So I was bad. Like REALLY bad this week. I gained 2.4 lbs this week- that tells you how bad I really was. So my best friend got married to my husband's best friend this weekend, so from Friday straight through yesterday evening, I ate a lot and drank more than I should. I threw my diet out the window, and it sure showed when I got on the scale this morning. eek!

The numbers this week:



So here is what did me in (besides the amazing tasting fresh food at the wedding location- rehearsal dinner, breakfast, dinner, late night snacks and booze, breakfast- all amazing tasting. Especially anything with potatoes- their cook must really know how to cook potatoes!)

 (Went to Olive Garden with the hubs- that was mistake #1)

(even though I got wheat pasta, the sauce, cheese and sausage couldn't save this horribly high point value meal)

 (Only 1 point plus energy drink- they brought in a bunch to our work to promote it. The Peach Mango isn't bad, the blackberry is icky though).

 (One of the nights I had Chinese food- the egg drop soup isn't too bad. However the Hunan chicken I had also didn't help my points for the day)

 (Then wine happened. Yes, this is a giant glass of Moscato wine in the cup holder of my craft room. It helped me get through the major project I had to finish by the weekend- for the wedding)

 (Thursday I went to the Amish Market in Newtown)

 (they had cool amount of potatoes, though I didn't pick any up because we wouldn't be home all weekend)

 (I did pick these puppies up- only 1 points plus for 2 pop cakes!)


 (Also picked up no sugar Apple Butter to put on the rice cakes. I believe it is 1 points plus for 3 tbsp or 3 servings)


 (I also picked up the sugar apple butter to see if you can taste the difference between the sugar and no sugar. The one with sugar is 1 points plus per 2 tbsp or 2 servings- so one serving less you can have for a 1pp.)


 (And this was my lunch- badddddd for you pulled pork sandwich, but healthy cauliflower- weird mix, I know)

(Also got a 6 points plus Gelati from Ritas- sugar free tangerine with slenderita custard)

 (Apple butter on rice cake!)

 (Sometime last week I tried this Smart Ones bag of sesame chicken. Was actually quite good and spicy)


And then things really start to take a turn for the bad eatting...
We started things off on Friday by having a quick bite to eat at Arby's, since we knew we'd be eatting heavy at the rehearsal dinner. That was a mistake, just like every meal this past week... Then I had this:

 (First helping at rehearsal dinner. Second helping was more pulled pork and potato salad, I know- shouldn't have gotten another serving, but I gave my chicken to the hubs- didn't notice the pork till after I put the chicken on the plate, and I really am not a huge "meat on the bone still" fan)

 (Orange dreamcicle martini)

 (Was the groom's birthday the day before the wedding, so there was more cake)

 (Heading to rehearsal dinner)

 (Favorite shoes- at rehearsal dinner)

 (Morning of wedding we had a big breakfast (not shown) and had Orange Juice- I haven't had OJ in forever, since I can't justify the points of OJ from concentrate- I hate pulp!)

 (My bridesmaid hair and makeup)

 (The wedding cake! They also had wonderful appetizers, a walnut/apple/cheese salad, and the main course of steak/green beans fresh from the farm and potato cake- it all tasted SO good!)

 (Hubs and I at the reception. We had more food and drinks at the after party after the reception- where I downed many carrots, grapes, crackers, cheese, and apricot tarts. If I would of stuck to the water, grapes and carrots, I would of been fine. lol)

 (And then, after having Arby's for lunch on Sunday, we ordered pizza and I had buffalo chicken pizza. My weight watchers teachers would be screaming in horror at my meals this past week).

 (Our new fridge, now filled with the basics and nothing really to make a full-on meal though)

So yeah, I gained weight and I ate horribly, but you know what. I don't care. That just means I need to get back on the bandwagon this week and make up for it. I had a great time this week and that's what really matters. As much as it sucks that I have to lose that, and it always is harder to lose than to gain (as I just demonstrated), sometimes you just gotta get over the number and have a flub week.



For dinner I had my favorite Italian Pesto on a 6 inch wheat sub from Wawa. Luckily I had the points. I also scored a free starburst- had a coupon for $1 off any starburst (was on the back of my gas reciept) and they were already on sale for $0.99! Woo! Free candy!
Well...turns out Starburst (one of my favs) is 1 points plus for every 1.76 starburst. So I could have 3.5 starburst for 2 points plus. *sigh*

Anyways, will try to get back on the wagon and do good this week. I let myself be bad for an entire week, and boy did I pay for it!
I hope everyone else is doing good in their losses. Happy weight loss!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment