Tuesday, May 22, 2012

blargh!

So today was my very first weigh in since I started Weight Watchers that I gained weight: 0.4 lbs gained to be exact. I knew it was going to happen too. I tried to be good, but his week was filled with parties, eating out, and all around bad bad bad. To be honest, I was surprised it wasn't more, but I guess the exercise and the little bit of healthy foods I threw in when I could made it ok. This is why I CANNOT have more than one day a week where I don't track. *sigh*
Any other week I would be way more bummed about my gain, but this week was a pretty awesome week overall in life-wise stuff, so it outweighs the gain.

Among the big stuff, I got cast as Marian the Librarian in the Newtown Arts Company's "The Music Man." I am SUPER excited over this, as it is the first time that I've been THE FEMALE LEAD in a show. I've been the secondary female lead in a bunch, but never the leading female. It really was a boost to my confidence. I also hung out with a bunch of cool people throughout the week and enjoyed being a part of a surprise party for one of my theater friends for his 30th bday. (we made a "beer" cake for him- no food- just beer cans)


Another big deal weight wise, I was officially able to get my wedding band and engagement ring off my fingers. This may seem like a minor thing that shouldn't be such a woo moment, but I had been struggling to get my engagement ring off my right hand (I normally wear my band on the left and engagement ring on the right, because we haven't gotten them fixed/fused together after the jeweler went out of business before he could do it). So, here is my two rings sitting on one hand after I could get them off (because I can't photograph both hands at the same time on my own). Basically I was driving home from work on Saturday and was rotating my ring at a stop sign. It came off and I looked down in shock- did that just happen? I quickly moved it to my "skinny" hand and was super excited to tell what happened to my hubs. Sadly he was asleep when I got home from working night shift, so I had to tell him in the morning- kind of lost its "woo" by then, but still was a great moment.



Here's a few other things this week:

 (diet wild cherry pepsi- the only way to get through the day, and the only diet soda I really like)

 (snack time- apples!)

 (part of my chicken meal at UNOs out with friends. Roasted vegs and rosemary chicken. I gave the breadstick away (6 pp for that alone, so I gave it away) I also had a salad with their no-fat vinegrette)

(this is one of the reasons I probably gained this week- margaritas. The hubs and I had TexMex last tuesday, so I didn't start the week off well.)

So, as much as the weigh-in was not what I wanted, I knew I was bad, so therefore this week I MUST do better. Gotta keep it up if I want to be the best Leading Lady in The Music Man this August and look fab in my bridesmaid dress for my friends wedding.
Gotta keep with it!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment