Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Another milestone

So today I lost another 1.4 lbs this week. That means I have lost 40.4 lbs since I started my weight loss plan in October. I am 1.25 lbs away from having lost 5 gallons of water worth of weight (hopefully will achieve that next week). Yeah, you read it right. See what I mean:



Crazy right?
Anyways, some weekly updates on the food front.
We had hot dogs and peanuts at work last Thursday to celebrate the start of baseball season. I decided to try one of the veggie dogs they had. Was only 2points plus for the dog and 3 points plus for the bun (they didn't have any wheat buns- poo). To be honest, I really thought the veggie dog tasted gross- bland, boring, and kind of rubbery. Not worth it. Luckily there was peanuts galore, and you can have 8 peanuts for single points plus.



 Didn't try any new frozen dinners this week. Sticking with my usual favorites that often have rice with them. :D



Our local Bottom Dollar had Banana twin pops! I haven't had these since I was a little kid. Always kind of reminded me of the banana runts but sweeter. I think if they banana Runts would of tasted like twin pops, I would of actually liked eatting them as a kid. haha. Anyways, these babies are only 1 points plus! Heck yeah, a bag went home with us. hehe



 The hubs tried out making what I call "Manly potatoes." Basically roasted potatoes, corn, and beef that was marinade in A1 sauce, with lots of spices. Certainly had a kick, and was pretty good tasting. One bowl (or 1/4 of a casserole dish that he made) was 11 points. Not horrible, and was quite filling with one bowl. Next time I'm going to suggest he uses slightly less salt (I can't handle salty things much anymore since I basically stopped putting it on things) and use more than just a 1 lb of meat in the whole casserole- needed a little something more than just potatoes. But overall it was tasty, and I'd have it again. To think, it all started because he wanted Shepard's Pie, and I wanted roasted potatoes.



Being Easter over the weeken, we decided to dye some hardboiled eggs.
I tried the rubber band method. Sadly, they didn't work nearly as nice, partially due to us not having vinegar to make the dye really nice.



But, the eggs are a good thing to snack on with some pepper on them. I like the egg whites, but don't like hard-boiled yokes. I can have 3 egg whites before I even dip into a single points plus!

So, I'll just have to keep on trucking along. This past week I didn't use any of my weekly points, but did use up some exercise points. I even splurged yesterday and had a Dorito Taco from Taco Bell (*gasp*) Surprisingly enough, hard tacos are only 4 points each, where soft are 5!
I also looked through a pile of photos I am looking to scrapbook this weekend while on a Scrapbook retreat/crop for Autism, and noticed for the first time since I started loosing weigh, how big I really was. I guess I never really noticed I had gotten that bad, but I look at photos of me during the summer and boy was it not pretty. Makes me cringe just looking at those photos. I guess I'm going to have to crop a bunch so they don't show my weight. haha
Anyways, *crossing fingers* for more losses!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment