Sunday, November 6, 2011

trucking along

Ok. So on tuesday (my 2nd weigh in at weight watchers after our initial start) I lost another 2 pounds. So far I'm down 4.6 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm hoping this week I keep up the weight loss (as of right now, Saturday evening/Sunday early morning) I have only used 2 of my weekly points thus far. So hopefully it all goes well *crossing fingers*
Anyways, today I'm going to breakdown what Smart Ones meals are good, and what, not so good. I hope to do some mini reviews on things that help my weight loss journey, so others can learn from my help (I know I love when people tell me if something tastes horrible, but then again it is all relative- to some people certain foods taste great and others they stink).

So, here it goes- Smart ones.

We'll start with Breakfast-
I don't often eat pre-packaged breakfasts, but I thought I'd try their egg, cheese and muffin sandwiches. Not horrible, but not wonderful either. My complaint- the cheese melts pretty much completely (desinigrates basically) when the rest is done.


That's the only breakfast item I've tried, so we'll move on to the entries.

Pasta with Ricotta and Spinach- probably one of my more favorites. I recommend this one. It probably tastes the best out of the majority of Smart Ones.




Mini Rigatoni in Vodka Cream Sauce- This is ok. not the greatest, but I'd eat it again. Now I LOVE vodka rigatoni, so maybe my standards were very high.




Three Cheese Ziti Marinara- It's ok...one of the lower on the totem pole as far as their food. You'd be much better getting the bigger one with the meatballs.


Chicken Fettucini- decent, one of the better ones. I tend to add some extra pepper to it for it to work for me.



Fiesta Quesadilla- not very good quite frankly. Very dry and most of it just kind of tastes over cooked, no matter how long you nuke it for.






Macaroni & cheese- A good homestyle favorite. Not like how grandma used to make it (or homestyle tasting for that matter) but ok. Once again, I tend to add some pepper to add a hint more flavor, because it is a little bland alone.






Ravioli Florentine- not very good. Yuck: very small and boring tasting. Wouldn't do it again.






Swedish meatballs- not great, but ok. A little bland and the meatballs never seem to get done completely when the rest is done, and I'm not a fan of mushrooms, and there is few in this.






Thai Style Chicken & rice noodles- This used to be my favorites, however somewhere along the line I must of had it too much, because I didn't like it as much anymore. It does smell wonderful in the microwave however.






Traditional Lasagna with meat sauce- bleh. Too small, and boring tasting really.






Cheese pizza minis- Ok, I would take these ANY day over bagel bites. These at least taste good. The cheese I think make it taste great, personally. However, forwarning, it is VERY hard to just eat 1 serving (1 tray, and there is 2 trays in a box). I tend to eat both trays- its a full meal, so I just deal with having the 14 points for it, because I cannot have just one tray.






Ziti with meatballs & cheese satisfying selections- this was more filling than the others. I just had this tonight, so its fresh on my mind. Everything was decently heated and good sized. It's a little bit more points, but much more filling. I liked it, I'd get it again. It tastes a lot better than the boxed version of ziti.






Ok, so that's all I've tried of the Smart Ones. I have a turkey one in the freezer, so maybe I'll go back and add that one if the future.


So, that's my opinions. Now I'm off to go get some frozen mangoes- that's my favorite fruit and way to eat fruit these days.
Laters!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment