Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lessons learned

Been busy trying new things and came across some more interesting foods.
I have come to the conclusion that a whole wheat english muffin with turkey and fat-free cheese is just as yummy as a turkey sandwich on white bread, if not more yummy.



This is 5 points- 3 pts for english muffin whole wheat, 1 pt for 5 slices of turkey, and 1 slice of fat-free cheese.

I've also found that the Progressive light chicken noodle soup isn't bad. A lot more broth than I usually like, but it was only 4 pts for the whole can!



Today we went out to eat for lunch with a few friends, and they chose to go for italian. Man is it hard to be good. Luckily, I was able to get half of my pasta packed up, and got my salad with light italian dressing. Not the best meal, but I'm getting there! But boy did I feel it later that evening...I haven't had much pasta since I start Weight Watchers- more rice and potatoes as opposed to pasta, so it didn't agree with me that much later. Goes to show you that your body doesn't like when you have that rich of food.


Since my last weigh in I was down 7.4 lbs since I started Weight Watchers. I've been averaging 1.5-2 pounds a week. It is a healthy weight loss. Not crazy magnificent, but still something more than I've started with. My goal was 20 pounds by Xmas, but I'll be happy with being below 200 lbs by then.

I feel thus far that I'm doing decent. I'm not killing myself with exercise or eating ALL vegs and fruits. I'm having the things I like, but in smaller portions, and also just down right making slightly better decisions.
*crossing fingers* that things keep up!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment