Sunday, October 30, 2011

Almost 2 weeks down

So last tuesday was my first week of weight watchers completed. I lost 2.6 lbs! (I guess I need to update my little side bar). I only really had one tough day- my two friends' wedding. The rest wasn't too bad. Now in 2 days will be 2 weeks done, so we'll have to see how I did on Tuesday.
So far I've come across a few things by doing this:

1) Sticking to the points is no sweat, but sticking to the number of servings of vegs/fruits and water...that's the hard part
2) Frozen mangos ROCK! (great thing to add to breakfast- like photo below) and Whole grain English muffins are not too shabby as well. (also in photo)


3) The Special K crackers- good, Special K chips- icky.
4) The Weight watchers cheese wedges and dulce-de-leche ice cream bars (in photo below) are both wonderful, their refrigerated dinners (like tv dinners)- icky.



5) smart ones so far makes the best frozen dinners with the points listed right on them (lean cuisine is good too, but you have to figure out the points on those).
6) Most alcoholic drinks are 2-3 points. A bud light lime is 3 pts every 12 oz, for example.
7) figuring out the weight watchers points on those mini foods (like the mini appetizers and mini desserts at weddings- too difficult!)
8) there is an app for everything- Fooducate so far has been the best app for Weight Watcher Points (on packaged things at least).
9) white rice is super high in points, as is my fav. frozen Del monte fruit freezers. (5 pts a cup of cooked white rice, and 5 points a small cup of frozen fruit freezes by del monte).
10) Weightwatcherswiki so far has been one of the best sources for points online- for restaurants, alcohol, etc.


It's been a crazy few weeks with all of the stuff I have to do on top of work and doing weight watchers. Hopefully I can keep up a little better on here with my progress. With Halloween just around the corner, I hope I can avoid the chocolate/sugar craving. So far I've been good, but I know at work on Monday it is going to be tough!
Hopefully I can get to my goal of being down 20 lbs by the end of the 10 week session, or at least close to it. *crossing fingers*
Laters.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment