Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday Two-step

I just got back from my Adult Ballet Class that I attend, taught my a friend of mine. Me being the 'big girl' size wise in the class of 6 women (there were only 3 that showed up today in the class), makes me sometimes a little uncomfortable, but my love of dance sometimes out weights my weight issue. I started dancing at the age of 3, and have continued to do so ever since. Since the class is an hour long, I don't have time to go to the gym on top of that, so Tuesdays is my dance nights.
I also hope to keep a food journal while I'm blogging about my weight loss goals, so below is my meals today. Here's the food I've had today:


My Meals today: Tuesday, Jan. 18th, 2011

Breakfast:
(Sadly I missed my breakfast today, due to having to get my car out of the ice...making me run late for work)

Lunch:
  • 1 bottle of cranberry juice (120 calories)
  • 1 cucumber roll, aka. 6 pieces of sushi (~110 calories)
  • 3 wontons from wonton soup, with a dash of broth (~105 calories)
Mid-snack:
  • 1 bottle water (0 calories)
  • 1/2 a banana...I couldn't handle eatting the entire thing for some reason (55 calories)
Dinner:
  • 2 cups of penne pasta (~400 calories)
  • 2 meatballs and a hint of sauce on it all (~250 calories)
Night snack:
  • mini boneless buffalo poppers...I know, the worst healthy wise of my meals today (440 calories)

Total Calories consumed today: roughly 1480 calories

I danced the night away, so now I'm dead tired. I know my meal today wasn't the absolute best, but it could be a LOT worse.
Time to dance/step with a smile!
-M

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you!! I have the same issues and I want to lose about 55 pounds. I have lost 2 to date, since I started on January 1st. Have you had your thyroid checked? I had the same issue when I was mid 20's (I'm 31) and I gained SO MUCH weight due to my thyroid not working. Years later I am strugging to get all that weight off. My goal is 55 pounds total. It seems like forever, but I know slowly changing habits will be better in the long run than losing a ton of weight really fast. I can't wait until the weather gets warmer to walk outside! Good luck, I'll be checking in to see how you are doing, I am following Sparkpeople, it's very helpful and easy.

    ReplyDelete