Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hitting the wall of weight loss

Ok. So I admit it. I have not been perfect in my weight loss journey. Luckily however, no one is perfect.
I think sometimes when you are emotional, you are allowed to be bad, provided you are not an emotional wreak every single day. 
This week has been rough- my mother-in-law was admitted to the hospital last Wednesday night, suffering a stroke. She is only 49. Her recovery since then has been slow, and not going as quickly has the doctor's hoped. She is responding, but not as quickly, nor in the ways they want. So I think having a bowl of spaghetti with giant meatballs from the hospital cafeteria is fine, or the giant coffee coollata to keep me awake after spending all day either in the hospital or babysitting my rambunctious nephews. We all are allowed sometimes- so the fact that I didn't gain anything this week is kind of a minor miracle.


I did however start to do some dance work out. I'm finding that I really need to get some muscle on my body, so I'm not just all jiggly. haha. Luckily the Dance Central games have work out modes that tell you how many calories you burned and how long you worked out for. So far I seem to be able to handle 50 minutes of dancing before I feel really tired. I hope to keep up with it. A friend of mine also recently got certified as a Zumba instructor, so once she gets classes going, I'm going to start that.

 (Co-worker brought in cookies leftover from her daughter's Alice in Wonderland party.)

Also, since last I blogged on food and weight loss, we had out 80s Prom Birthday party. I think I rocked my dress, though I'm sure by the end of the night I looked twice my size, after all the sweets I had that night. haha



 (The food spread)

 I did eat some healthy meals though:



But also had the not-so healthy meals out-and-about:


 (In my defense of this one, I only ate half- and had the other half for lunch the next day)



I also had these super tasty, but super bad for you, Irish potatoes my hubs made for St. Patrick's Day, which you can find the recipe here:



 Well, hopefully I can get out of this funk of weight loss and get back into being in shape.
Also, prayers for my mother-in-law would be much appreciated all!
-M


No comments:

Post a Comment