Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Rollercoaster... of weight loss

(...As I sing the title to this post like the "Rollercoaster of Love" song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers). lol


So Last week I gained, this week I lost. So overall, pretty close to what it was a few weeks ago. Ugh. Goes to show you that I gotta keep up with things- Part of it was with the yummy food from an awards banquet for work (below). I just ADORE the way they made a "ring" out of the squash.


 Look what book I just got! Woo! Can't wait to try things from it.

Did a lot of yardwork, weeding, etc. Oh, exercise...

This past weekend I auditioned for a show, so I got a little more dancing exercise than I normally do. haha. I auditioned for Grease, so I was attempting to channel my inner teenager (below).


I thought I did a pretty good job at it, however I don't look as young as the 14-year-old boys that got cast as the Burger Palace Boys (T-birds), so I'll be playing the teacher. Supposably they want Ms. Lynch to be more in her 40s for this version of Grease. To be completely honest, I was kind of mortified when they first offered it to me (the hubs got cast as Eugene, mind you) but after finding out that pretty much the entire main characters are all 14-18, little 27-year-old me just doesn't fit in as a student. (sad panda face). But alas, I am an actress- I will make the best of any role given to me.
So I'll be playing a pretty British Chick in "Odd Couple" in June, then prudish English Teacher in "Grease" in August. Crazy how theater can be so out there, as far as roles.


I've also been on a huge "sweet salad" kick- Salad greens with Raspberry Walnut dressing, Dried Cranberries and Feta. YUM- and only 4 points (because the cranberries are sweetened- would be 1 point less if it wasn't for that).



So Red Robin's Turkey burger is 19 points plus. After a full hour of Zumba, I was starving, and I really wanted a burger- sadly, this is actually one of the lower points sandwiches. Luckily, I subbed out the fries for a fruit salad, had the 10 calorie iced tea and used some of those Zumba/exercise points to enjoy the Turkey burger. It doesn't look super great in photos, but it is quite tasty.


Anyways, I hope to keep up with things, and stop yo-yoing.

(Diet Grapefruit soda at friend's bonfire!)

I want to keep on the down-low!
Happy weight loss!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment